Point source LED chips are designed to form a parallel light beam eliminating any obstruction and dark spots. Available wavelengths are green (572 nm), red (625 nm and 650 nm) and infrared (850 nm) with apertures of emitting area Ø 10 µm,Ø 25 µm,Ø 50 µm and Ø 100 µm.
- Geometrically well defined light source for high accuracy applications
- High reliability, long lifetime and high efficiency
- Improved pulsing / flashing speeds
- low power consumption
- Fiber communication
- Distance and range finding indication
- Fluorescence analysis
- Medical instruments such as endoscopes
- Optical sights
LED display chips enable to present numbers, letters and symbols. These display chips provide various functionality and information in optical instruments. Each segment is separately addressable. Red color (660 nm) of these GaAsP based chips is visible at low currents, resulting in extended battery life in portable optical instruments.
- Emission color red (660 nm) with high brilliance and contour sharpness
- Small character size (line width typically 25 µm): 7-segment chip with overall height of 0.5 – 1.5 mm
- Low drive current supporting battery driven portable devices
- Customized layouts available from development to serial product (up to 30 segments per chip, multi-chip feasible)
- Spotting scopes